13 January 2009

The Gym in January + Random Thoughts.

I think it's hilarious the 0-60 the gym population takes in January. I also find it inconvenient, as I wiggle past the guy doing shrugs (such a guys-only move) and pardon my way around the bench pressers to get to the water fountain, then turn around and do it all again. Then I have to duck under the Smith machine because there's someone doing squats on the other side and run back to my mat before someone sneaks into my place. Can I count that as part of my workout?

In other news, it has been unseasonably warm for the last few days (hurrah!) and today I pulled myself out of bed to go for a raunk (run/walk) around the breakwall ~ the sun was coming up and it was all beautiful and fresh and the world was alive I tell you! And there were lots of older people to say "good morning" to and wonder whether or not I was actually screaming "GOOD MORNING" to them becuase I had my headphones on and was jammin'. But at least I was polite.

Additionally, I weighed myself last night and I weighed one pound more than I did last Thursday, but last Thursday I had lost five pounds in a week so I was wondering whether or not that could really be true. So although my heart broke a little bit when I stepped on the scale last night, I still have lost four pounds in January! And it's only halfway through the month! So that's very exciting. Viva la BDS!

No comments: