11 February 2009

On Romance

With Valentine's Day coming up, it's almost impossible to escape the romance-think. Even though my husband and I aren't the V-day types, I do have a couple of thoughts on the subject...
Feeling sexy and being comfortable naked are a major motivator for me to lose weight. I've never been the "only in the dark under the covers" kinda girl, but there's no doubt that feeling fat is a major turn-off.

For our year anniversary, adventure-boy (the husband) and I went to a scrumptious dinner at a local French-inspired restaurant. The meal was amazing: a cheese course, truffle-oil laced fresh pasta with mushrooms and other various indulgences. I think we skipped dessert, but the richness of the meal had already done the damage...I was stuffed, uncomfortably so, and all I could think about was going home, getting in my pj's and going to bed. Sans sex. As much as I wanted to continue the celebration, I felt physically and psychologically ill.

On the flip side, since I've started to lose a little weight and feel better about my body both in and outside of pants, our sex life has, ahem, perked up. Maybe it's me. But I know that I've felt more desirable and been desired more in the last couple of months than in the months preceding. It's a nice feeling.

No comments: