30 October 2008

Taking my full measure

What are the numbers that matter? This blog is defined by two round sums...my age and the number of pounds I'll be shedding. There are so many numerical indicators of health out there...blood pressure, cholesterol, resting heartrate, VO2 max, BMI, body fat percentage, etc. It's enough to make a math geek jump for joy, but I think the rest of us get a little overwhelmed. But in order to keep a reckoning, I'd like to have a couple of values that I can check up on.

So in addition to my weight, I'm going to locate a measuring tape and keep an eye on my measurements in the bust, belly and booty regions. I also want to know about my metabolism, so I'm going to research how to find a reliable testing method that hopefully doesn't break the bank. Any suggestions?

More on my numbers next week.

No comments: